Saturday, February 8, 2014

In Sochi Russia, Toilet Flush You

So this morning I have been browsing the internet and I came across an article about how it is costing Russia 51 BILLION dollars (In my best Dr. Evil) of course.  Apparently this is 5 times what it cost Vancouver a mere 4 years ago.

Several things come to mind here.

1. If I'm spending 51 Billion dollars, I expect my contractors etc to get shit done.  EARLY if possible, but if not, at least on time.  Do you really want the world showing up at your door step and seeing this


And apparently, they have a unique idea incase you run out of toilet paper


But I digress..  I'll never complain about the government spending 200 on a toilet seat again, especially since I'm pretty sure it gets installed properly.

2.  Where DID the money go?   It has been alleged that 1/3 was siphoned off in corruption, or another person is saying 30 Billion was stolen- REALLY??  You expect us to believe someone or some people stole 30 Billion from the Russian Government?  I would believe North Korea's claim that Unicorns exist before I believe someone stole anything from the Russian Government.  Others are saying it has to do with inflated prices of construction materials.  That to me goes back to corruption.  Hell if I owned a building materials company, the thought might cross my mind to raise my prices if I heard the Olympics were coming to town, that doesn't make it right though.

3. Who's bright idea was it to put the Olympics in Russia anyway? I mean yeah they have snow.. LOTS of snow- hell they still have Siberia don't they? I just checked.. Yes they do. But really, I'm not an expert, but Russia is not one of the places I think about when I think Winter Sports and happiness and fair competition. 

4. Go here for some pretty funny tweets, and here for some more.  

5.  What happens after the Olympics.  From what I understand Sochi is declining resort town with limited access.  Who gets to say "I told you so"



No comments:

Post a Comment